EFFECTIVE EMAIL MARKETING AND THE ART OF A CLEAN, RELEVANT DATA SET
Email marketing can be a powerful and captivating marketing tool. When done right. Or it can be a total waste if you end up in the spam or junk folder or in the trash.
Prospects and customers get inundated with marketing messages and information all day every day. You better believe they get overwhelmed with email. In order to be seen, your message has to stand out. You only have one shot to capture the interest of your prospect. You have a mere fraction of a second to grab their attention as they glance through their inbox. It’s not difficult, but there is an art to getting it right.
From our experience, there are four keys to effective email marketing:
- Accurate, actionable contact data
- Unique, eye-catching design,
- Killer copy,
- Compelling call-to-action.
Even if you have the most expert design, excellent copy, and a call to action that’s powerful, persuasive and would compel your prospect to take the next step, it is all for nothing if you don’t have your contact data in order. You need market intelligence that is accurate and actionable.
That’s why we’re leading our four-part series on Effective Email Marketing with the art of a clean, relevant data set.
THE ART OF A CLEAN, RELEVANT DATA SET
Your data can MAKE or BREAK your marketing efforts. Any outreach efforts based on inaccurate data are a total waste. Time and money down the toilet. On the flip side, accurate and actionable data can power your sales and marketing efforts exponentially, when done right. It’s a critical step to getting your message in front of the right people. Here’s how to do it:
- Know your objectives. The first step in getting your data set together is to clearly define your marketing objectives. What do you need the data for? What is your ultimate objective? Who do you need to target in order to meet your objectives? Then, clearly define your data requirements based on your marketing objectives.
- Know your market. Clearly define your data requirements. What vertical markets are most relevant to you to market into? What revenue size is the best for you to target? What technology install base is relevant for you? What trends are happening in the market today that may impact your marketing objectives or messaging? What are the buying cycles of your prospects?
- Know your prospect. Who do you need to target your message to? Avoid getting hung up on titles. Always go for function over title. It’s not what’s on their business card that matters. It’s what decision making authority they have. Leverage organic messaging through lower level contacts – don’t limit yourself to just C- and VP-level titles.
- Know your sources. Be careful. There are a lot of bogus list companies out there trying to make a buck. It’s impossible to know the quality of the list until after you purchase it, despite promises of quality and accuracy. Add in the fact that few marketers understand the list market and most list brokers don’t understand or care about your marketing objectives, and you’ve got a recipe for disappointment. Many marketers have been burned by bad data and bad list brokers. High bounce rates, poor quality, inaccurate and outdated data, incorrect or inappropriate target titles, excessive duplication, and prohibitively large minimum purchase requirements with no opportunity for trial are all realities in the contact data business. Get referrals. Be wary of fly-by-night operations. For more information, check out our B2B Contact Data Buying Guide.
- Avoid burnout. Form a strategy to perform light touches over a predefined timeframe. Don’t just blast repeatedly into the same data set over and over again. Prospects will become desensitized to your message and your brand. Nothing prompts them to hit the delete button quite as promptly.
If you need help pulling together a clean, relevant data set targeted specifically to your marketing needs, we can help. The Launchpad can help power your sales and marketing engines with affordable, accurate and actionable data intelligence. We’ve got just the data set you need to launch your B2B campaign to success.
You can query the data yourself and have the list in your inbox in seconds by clicking here: https://thelaunchpaddata.com/launchit
Or set up a demo or an intro call, and we’re happy to show you how to use the site. Just click the link to schedule: https://calendly.com/launchpaddata